CALL FOR POSITIONS FOR EIGHT (08) NATIONAL ASSISTANT COACHES
VOLUNTEER POSITION- NATIONAL ASSISTANT COACH
As part of the ENO- Cameroon National Debate & Speech Team project, the CDA is recruiting eight (08) national assistant coaches.
The Cameroon Debate Association (CDA) is an apolitical and secular organization open to Cameroonian youth. Its main purpose is to offer young people of both genders the opportunity to acquire the knowledge and methods necessary to develop their personality and facilitate their social integration, and to offer them opportunities to lead, individually or collectively, actions aimed at the well-being of their communities. The association works for the vulgarization of creative speech, leadership and young entrepreneurship in Cameroon. The CDA coordinates several training activities for trainers in public speaking, debate, communication and leadership in Cameroon.
ENO project. The National Oratory Team of Cameroon brings together the cream of
Cameroonian speakers in all categories: feather, junior, senior and master.
They are rigorously selected from debate and public speaking clubs, then
trained, for international competition in all language corridors. The contract
within ENO-Cameroon is for one (01) year renewable as long as the speaker in
the running fulfills the pre-selection conditions in his category. Assistant
coaches have a one-year volunteer contract renewable once. For the moment, the ENO
Cameroon has four categories under two headings (Debate & Public Speaking):
Junior English: 14-18 years
Junior French: 14-18 years
Senior English: 18-24 years
Senior French: 18-24 years
Learn more about ENO on : http://national-team.debatecameroon.org/
– Assist the national coach in local coaching in one of these four (04) categories: English junior (1), French junior (2), English senior (03) or French senior (04);
– Participate in the recruitment of twenty (20) speakers from ENO 2020 in May 2020 in Yaoundé;
– Monitor and train throughout the year the five (05) speakers in his/her charge;
– Initiate debate/speech battles and public demos between his/her team and the debate/speech clubs of his category inside or outside the country;
– Accompany the national coach abroad in the event of an international competition in his category;
– Contribute to the communication and vulgarization of the ENO project within institutions, companies and the media;
– Participate in the drafting of the training material of ENO Cameroon;
– Contribute to the production of audio-visual kits on public speaking debate and / or leadership on behalf of the CDA
– Create/Coach a local debate club in their city of residence;
– Facilitate a training workshop for trainers in debate and oral practices in a Cameroonian city at least once every three (03) months.
– Organize a local debate/public speaking competition at least once a year in his city of residence during his/her mission.
– Prepare a monthly activity report to be sent to the national coach and to the CDA president each month;
II) THE PROFILE REQUIRED
- Volunteer 40% of the working time during the week for the mission.
- Reside in one of the following cities: Limbé, Buea, Douala, Yaoundé, Dschang or Bafoussam;
- Demonstrate experience in the animation / coaching of a debate/public speaking club
- Have successfully completed a training of trainers workshop on debate and public speaking led by CDA
- Familiar with computer tools and intensive use of social media networks
- Be / Become a member of the CDA https://debatecameroon.org/integrate-the-cda/;
- Holder of at least a bachelor in any discipline;
- A solid general knowledge;
Note : Female candidates are strongly encouraged.
- BENEFITS OF THE POSITION
Like the national coach, national assistant coaches do not receive a salary or compensation for their position. It’s a volunteer mission in the pure sense of the word. However, the position gives right to several advantages:
1. A professional CDA email address
2. Access to the database of national coaches
3. Integration of the network of CDA members
4. International travel opportunities
5. Free various training
6. Opportunities to conduct paid training
7. A certificate of end of mission
8. Referral opportunities during or after the mission
- A motivation letter specifying the coaching category chosen, describing the club’s activity of animation and proposing an idea of action plan for the recruitment of the team to coach;
- A biography + portrait / A4 photograph which highlights your experience in oratory arts and / or oral communication ;
- An updated CV as detailed as possible;
- Any other document that the candidate deems necessary.
VI) TYPE OF CONTRAT
Fixed-term voluntary contract (CDD), one year renewable once.
February 2020 : Launch of the call for position
April 2020 : Closing of the call, remote or head office interviews, publication of a list of candidates retained for the final selection.
May 2020 : Final selection, signature of contract and start of mission.
VII) HOW TO SEND YOUR APPLICATION?
Note: The title of the electronic message must be formulated as follows: CNA- [chosen category] – [name of candidate in capital letters] – [city of residence].
Example: CNA-English Junior-MBALE-Limbé.
Admissibility deadline: April 15 at 12:00 GMT
NOTE: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by email for further action. Any incomplete file will be automatically rejected.